Many people think of beauty as how they look on the outside by being fit, attractive, and healthy. While we should all strive to be our best selves there is so much more to being beautiful on the outside as well as on the inside. Here are six ways to help you feel your absolute best self.
6 Ways to Feel Beautiful
1. Eat Healthy Foods - So many things affect us on the inside based on what we fuel our body with. Being healthy, in great shape, and having good skin can all be achieved by what we eat. Your body naturally craves good quality food that is grown by mother nature. Consuming fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts over processed and pre-packaged foods can have a tremendous impact. Everyone’s body type is different so it’s important to talk with your doctor on what will work best for you.
2. No Smoking or Drinking Alcohol - Always limit your access to controlled substances like smoking and alcohol. Alcohol and tobacco smoke can cause your body to become extremely dehydrated, which inhibits the function of your internal organs, mainly the digestive system. Additional negative effects are weight gain and dry skin. Instead, be sure to drink 8 glasses of water a day as 60% of the adult body is made up of water. Keep it replenished.
3. Exercise - It’s important to get your body actively moving for 30 minutes a day, at the very least. Physical activity not only helps people lose weight and build muscle, but it also improves mental and physical health. Exercise is also helpful in reducing stress, anxiety, and depression. You can try adding supplements to give your body an extra boost. When feeling sluggish get up and move as it is sure to wake up your body and mind.
4.Skincare - Everyone wants younger-looking skin. First, limit your exposure to direct sunlight and remember to always wear sunscreen. While Vitamin D is needed from the sun’s rays, those same rays also have a harmful UV light. Too much exposure can increase your chances of skin cancer. Be sure to also nourish your skin by moisturizing daily with products that contain retinol, as they contact vitamin A and help to keep skin free of wrinkles and fine lines.
5. Beauty Sleep - Many people don’t realize how critical it is to have a good night’s sleep. While we sleep our body repairs and rejuvenates. Having a lack of sleep can make us feel sluggish the next day. If you’re having trouble sleeping, try wearing a face mask or listening to soothing sounds to help calm your mind and prepare it for relaxation.
6. Upgrade Your Wardrobe - A great way to help you feel beautiful on the outside is a new outfit! Wearing a new piece of clothing, shoes, handbag, etc. can help boost your confidence which is then reflected in your smile. And your best accessory should always be your smile. At Yak & Yeti, we have a wide variety of styles to help you look and feel your very best!
By combining our 6 tips we are sure that you will be feeling confident and beautiful on the inside as well as within! Feel it, love it, and live it!